Wednesday 19 September 2012


“Return to Herm”

Yes, I finally made it back albeit for only a few precious hours! I had visited Travel Agencies in Guernsey before taking the last ferry over to this very special island – met up with some old and true friends in the Travel Industry. Ken Baker of World Travel, one of the true gentlemen of travel - what he does not know, nobody knows. So all you travellers out there in the Channel Islands, Ken is your man and he is on your doorstep! Travel Counsellors have a huge presence on Guernsey also.

So I arrived at The White House Hotel Herm – exhausted – lovely room, just me, my book (you can guess which one!) and the radio! Sheer bliss - no TV, no phone. I am a real TV Junkie so this was a tiny bit of heaven. I met a fabulous fishing guide, http://www.guernseyfishingguide.com/your-guide.php Also met some people from Valencia, they own one of the most fabulous restaurants http://www.meson-del-vino-requena.com/

I enjoyed my trip mainly because I so love to “sell” “My” Mexico. But how different it is today – trying to talk to people who stare transfixed at their emails so frightened to take their eyes away lest the work disintegrate! I am so ready to talk and to teach – to train a Travel Agent – Long live Trailfinders whole policy “Talk to the client”!! Bless them all for listening to us so that they can then pass the knowledge on!

Attended the Mike Gooley party which was fabulous as usual. Mike Gooley still looks the same with the same ‘Great Feet’!

No comments:

Post a Comment