Tuesday 6 January 2015

Happy New Year


Happy New Year to Everyone Y Féliz Navidad

Well, I have been very busy. It would appear that I have not written since back in the summer, so where shall I start!

World Travel Market came & went and I saw all my good friends:

Wilma from Mayaland, our ground handlers & who are also part of the consortium Premium Yucatan

Alma Lopez from Marquis Reforma, my favourite hotel in Mexico City, with one of the best Sales Directors ever. www.marquisreforma.com

Nallely from Las Ranitas, soon to be my favourite property in Tulum with their refurbishment plans due to be finished by summer 2015. www.lasranitashotel.com

Tatiana from Le Rêve Hotel & Spa, another of my favourite people & my most definite favourite property along the Riviera Maya. www.hotellereve.com

Juan Velas of Las Velas, only one of two properties that I would endorse for the “all inclusive” at the very top end of the market the other is a secret! www.grandvelas.com

Rienk de Jong from Karisma Hotels, wonderful man & good friend with a great team. www.karismahotels.com

Also I bumped into Mark Carney MBE British Consul for Cancun & Riviera Maya, who also heads up Grand Residences.

So you see all the best people were there! The Good & the great of the Mexican Travel Industry.

The “after party” hosted by the Mexican Tourist Office was out of this world! Held at the Natural History Museum, the theme was “the cuisine of Mexico” all the top chefs of the country were there including my dear friend Susana Palazuelos and her son Eduardo who owns and runs two of the best restaurants in Acapulco. www.susannapalazuelos.com

A lot of our Mexican visitors for WTM stayed at the Grim’s Dyke Hotel this stunning country house hotel, originally the home of Gilbert & Sullivan opera fame. This is, believe it or not, very conveniently situated on the Jubilee line, so one can luxuriate in glorious countryside after working hard at Excel with WTM. www.grimsdyke.com

I personally stayed at my favourite club, the RAC well what can I say, I was in heaven! www.royalautomobileclub.co.uk

I forgot to mention the other wonderful reception, Cancun, as always beautifully put together by the lovely Emma and held at the glorious Marriot Grosvenor house.

November & December are the busiest times at Mexican Tours, customers clamber for reservations around the Christmas period and of course there is never space at the Inn! People always forget that Mexico is an enormously wealthy and family orientated country so long holidays are taken in their own country.

So here we are with 2015 looming and as we all know there are great things happening within Mexico & the UK, here is an insight from the Embassy’s web page:

In order to promote a deeper understanding between our societies, the Governments of Mexico and the United Kingdom have decided to celebrate throughout 2015 the "Year of Mexico in the United Kingdom" and the "Year of the United Kingdom in Mexico". We believe that this Dual Year is a right way for many more productive businesses to capitalise on the level of interaction that has been achieved between our two countries and to promote further bilateral exchange and cooperation.

For me personally 2015 holds a new and exciting concept, I am launching a new company to be called “My Private Mexico” I will be doing something that I have always wanted to do, endorsing and promoting only hotels and destinations that I truly love, respect and enjoy working with. Watch this space for more news on this project, I promise you will not be disappointed.

I am now off to find The Three Kings (Los Reyes) in the hopes of finding some more presents!

With warmest thoughts and love from Cathy and 3 year old Charlie.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment